General Manager, Edmonton Soccer Dome
Edmonton Scottish Society
Full-Time • Executive
Reports to: Edmonton Scottish Society Executive
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
The Edmonton Scottish Society (“ESS”), a non-profit society, seeks to deliver outstanding cultural and athletic experiences for citizens in Greater Edmonton.
The ESS owns 21 acres of land located in South Edmonton, just off Calgary Trail and Ellerslie
Road, easily accessed off of Anthony Henday Drive. The facility features soccer fields, a cultural hall, a sports pavilion and Canada’s largest air support structure, the Edmonton Soccer Dome.
This position will appeal to an experienced management professional who is inspired by the
important roles sport and culture play in building healthy and happy communities. Essential to the success of the position is the ability to work in a dynamic environment while promoting the mission, vision and values of the Edmonton Scottish Society.
The General Manager’s primary focus is cost effective management of the Edmonton Soccer
Dome, in alignment with Society goals, objectives, policies and procedures, and in accordance with applicable municipal, provincial and federal legislation.
The General Manager (“GM”) also has oversight responsibility for the efficient operation and
upkeep of all ESS facilities, including the Pavilion (bar / concession / change rooms / washrooms), Cultural Hall, outdoor soccer fields, and parking (the “Facilities”).
The GM will achieve optimal user satisfaction through high quality staffing and customer service and effective operational policies and procedures, and will maximize revenue through effective leasing, programming, branding, marketing, and sponsorship/advertising opportunities, combined with innovative solutions and sound cost-effective practices.
QUALIFICATIONS & PERSONAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Relevant post-secondary degree/diploma in Recreation Management, Business or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
• Positive, outgoing and energetic attitude with a customer-focused approach.
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Strong communication, problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be available to work day-time as well as evenings and weekends when required.
• The successful applicant will be required to submit a Vulnerable Sector Screening before
To apply, please send your resume complete with covering letter and salary expectations in
confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. A detailed description of the role of General Manager is available upon request.